Re: [FWDLK] SEMA on Engine Swaps

I have the complete law for NJ if anybody would like to see ity. Got it
from a friend at the DEP. It's quite restrictive for newer vehicles but for
stuff as old as most of us have it's moot anyway.

One important point of note for newer cars is the drivetrain needs to have
been available in a vehicle of the same platform that year. So technically
all early V8 S10 & ranger swaps don't conform. But of course I see them all
over in NJ. That's the main thing I got from the nj law was that it is VERY
subjective.

                    Scott H
                    <kneedrager@HOTMAIL        To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    .COM>                      cc:
                    Sent by: Forward           Subject:     Re: [FWDLK] SEMA on Engine Swaps
                    Look Mopar
                    Discussion List
                    <L-FORWARDLOOK@list
                    s.psu.edu>

                    05/02/02 10:25 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Scott H

Fortunatly here in NJ i can register my 56 as historical and be exempt from
the emisions requirements, but even if I did not go that route and tried to
get a normal registration I doubt that there is anyone in any of the
inspection stations that would be able to even notice that the engine was
changed, hell I could probably stick and outboard boat engine under the
hood
they would have no way of knowing whether it was original or not.
Scott

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer
2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab