Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: Missing VIN Tags

I have an aquaintance whose ethics I don't agree with on several subjects.  He's a friend of a friend of a friend.

Several years ago he operated a one-man wrecker business that specialized in picking up and selling junkers for scrap metal.

He recently mentioned that it was routine for him to harvest and sell VIN tags.  I guess that I am more innocent than I thought I was.  Somewhere long the line the rule book must have been rewritten..... If there ever was one.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI