Re: [FWDLK] a few questions

Frank,
You should never use a RVT "silicone" on a joint where gasolene will come in contact with it. It will degrade , in the presence of gas, and will cause leaks after a while. I don't like to use any kind of sealer on the carb/manifold
 joint, but if you had to make do with an old, hardened gasket you could probably use something like Caterpillar red gasket maker to seal it. It comes in a can with a brush in the lid, it's also a lot easier to remove later than some other products.

Mike