Re: [FWDLK] AAJ brake install question

Hey Nick -

Verify that your current master cylinder is filled to
the top. Also, are you sure that you have the right
master cylinder ? If so, you may have to go to a larger
one, or a later dual reservoir model.  I'm basing this
on my experience with a 70 O**smobile.  When I
converted to disks, I needed a significantly larger
master cylinder, since the calipers need more 'juice' in
order to squeeze the pads together to make it stop.
These were the factory requirements, not something that
I pulled out of thin air. You may also try calling AAJ
and explain your situation. They have a reputation of
being very helpful.

FYI, I still prefer my solution best. I needed to
replace the 11 x 2" brakes on my 58 Plymouth, since they
are very inadequate. I parted out a 58 Chrysler NYer
Wagon recently and removed the massive 12 x 2 1/2 "
brakes from that guy and I'm planning to put those on
the Ply. This is what came on the 58 Ply police cars.
Should stop the car a little better, I would think.

Ron

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm