[FWDLK] AAJ or parts car discs

I know this subject's been discussed many times before but I can't find anything in archives so will bring it up again.  I recently discovered a 77 Dodge Aspen (Arizona car) with front disc brakes.  Price of car is $200.  My question is; is it possible to put these discs on my 59 Plymouth without too much difficulty and could the rear axel be used so I can get rid of the tapered rear hubs.  The owner claims there is something wrong with trany but car is driveable.    John Z