Re: [FWDLK] IML: vacuum advance diaphragm leaking and other

Re: [FWDLK] IML: vacuum advance diaphragm leaking and other problems

Thanks to all who have answered to my previous post.

I've called my friend today and after some hours of work the '59
Coronet runs again and very smoothly ! My friend thinks that
there was a poor ground somewhere on the engine: ther's a battery
disconnect switch under the dash and he found that the wires
screws weren't very tightened. he remembers also that a test
light sometimes worked and  sometime not when it was grounded to
engine.
About vacuum leak, he has plugged the vacuum line to avoid
leakage (and put a little more advance). He tests the car 10
miles and all was OK.
Difference is that tomorrow we've 450 miles to drive !
I'll made a report of the Chrysler Anciennes but first i must
make the 1000 miles trip !! Will give some news monday if i'm not
too tired..
I've put in my trunk: starter - points / condenser / distributor
- coil - electric fuel pump - set of belts - oils (engine / trans
/ rear end) - anti freeze - brake fluid - electrical wiring -
test light - multimeter - tools and .. beers.
My '59 Coronet has the same parts + wheel puller - battery
booster - seal beams
According to my previous tests the '57 has 11-13 mpg average fuel
comsumption so the fuel budget will be rather dreadful !! (1
gallon = 3.75 $ ..). I expect 85 gallons ( = 320 $ !).

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com