Re: [FWDLK] Build sheets and options. 1960 Imperial.

Re: [FWDLK] Build sheets and options. 1960 Imperial.

Matching numbers can mean a lot.

When Ma Mopar built the car it had matching numbers,
and the build sheet tells what it took to put it all together.
For example, if your car came with Air Conditioning, Ma
knew it would be carrying heavier weight up front for the
compressor and the condenser and bigger battery and the
larger capacity radiator, so you might also receive the
required stronger torsion bars and larger brakes and up-
graded charging system on your car from the factory...

If you just add the AC you won't be sure you are getting
all the things you should have for a well-balanced unit.

The package is important, not just an add-on, here and
there. I do agree that many things can be added without
upsetting the package. The key is knowing which is which.

Tom                        57 Coronet in southern Ohio

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm