[FWDLK] A/C compressors

Hello All,
                I've noticed we've been on the subject of A/C compressors so I figured I'd relay some info. The statement that Roger Howard made was correct as I told him about this some time back.
    I got my info from Mopar Muscle magazine. It was awhile back but they were doing an article on Classic Auto Air's new radial compressor designed to replace the RV-2 compressors on all Mopar products. As you may or may not know, the RV-2 was in production from '58 until the early seventies. It really didn't have much changes done to it over the years. The magazine article stated that the early RV-2 compressors (our cars, etc.) had a heavier crank, rods, and pistons than the later ones and combined with the early pulley setups could draw as much a 40 HP from the engine. The later RV-2's and pulley setups could draw as much as 25-30 HP. It's been a while since I read the article but I almost want to dig it up to check what I just said here. The main thing though, that figure of 40 HP has stuck in my mind for a long time. I remember it so well because to a degree, I'm a performance nut(just as long as it keeps a "factory" look). When I found a factory A/C system for my '59 Plymouth, I took note of that article realizing my souped up poly 318 would take a loss with the A/C system but; I'd rather keep cool in the summer and drive calmly than hot and angry with a powerful engine.  Oh, and as to the radial compressor, I think I remember it having a draw of 5-10 horsepower max.. Not bad at all......... Talk with you all later.
Take Care,
Frank