Re: [FWDLK] Hemi Commando?

I corresponded some with the owner of the Minnesota '57 Hemi
Commando.  Got a few pictures from him and did everything I could to
encourage him to contact Chrysler Historical to get a build sheet on
the car.  He made it pretty clear that he really didn't care whether
it was factory or not and that he had bought it that way and that he
liked it which is all that mattered.  The car has later Imperial
front seats, from mid '60s, which also goes along with the idea that
someone built it after the factory.
In studying the photos, the ONLY thing that I could find that might
suggest there was a "Hemi Commando" was the decal on the air
cleaners because of it being unlikely those would have been created
for a one-off home-made car.  But then, there are a lot of decal
factories around the country and the builder could have worked for
one or had a friend....
The owner would not provide a serial number or motor number for
anyone else to check the car out either.  If someone does see the
car again at a show, and really wants to know the factory story
about it, the VIN from the door post and $45 will get the answer
from Chrysler Historical.
Until I see documentation, in my mind, this car was backyard built
just like you or I could do today.

Wayne