From: "Richard Woodside" <rwoodside@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 10:39 AM
Subject: 1958 New Yorker door panels

I've asked my upholstery shop to re-do the door panels on my 1958
Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country wagon.

Now, here's the problem: on the front door panels, the lowest
portion is vinyl, with six silver mylar (?) hash marks,
apparently made of some kind of heat-embossed plastic tape (?),
which have a pattern (heat-embossed?) in them.

I'm kinda hoping that 1958 300Ds have the same item, since that
would raise the probability that such a thing is obtainable.

Does anybody know if such a thing is available, or what solution
is commonly used by the multitudes of 1958 New Yorker owners?

The seat covers also have a Chrysler emblem heat-embossed into a
vinyl section of the seat backs. Again, not available from the
two sources mentioned above.
What should we do here?

Dick Woodside

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm