Re: [FWDLK] Rear Brake Woes

Larry,

The correct wheel puller is the key.  You need the special one that has 3
fingers, that attach to three lug nuts, which in turn attach to the round center
section that has a large 1" threaded hole, that the threaded shaft  goes through
and pushes on the hub. Whew!
The lugs pull and the shaft pushes.  Sometimes it is necessary to bang the shaft
end once, when the load is fierce, and the drum should pop off.  The axle bolt
should be quite loose, but not removed, as the drum may try to fly across the
room.  Also, take the best defensive pose you can manage in case the wheel
puller decides to go south.  This puller is not uncommon to borrow, rent or
buy.  They draw about $100 on ebay.  Where are you located, maybe one of the
members has one you can borrow if you are in their vicinity?  I am in the
Detroit area and have one you could use.

Dave Todd