Re: [FWDLK] Rear Brake Woes

Thanks for all your wise counsel.  I returned the outside rim puller and asked if they had the type you all spoke of and pointed me to in pictures.  They had one on the wall and said take it in place of the first one.

Placed it on right wheel last night and tightened it down and hit it with the 2lb sledge, then left it overnight.  Hit it a few more times tonight, then applied heat.  Finally popped, and son and I repeated it on the left side.  Took some time and about 20 minutes of heat each (best spot seemed in the center hub, as some said), but they are off and now on to the rebuild.

Question:  Since the "wrong" puller took a couple quarter-sized chunks out of the lip of one brake drum, should I have those pieces welded back onto the drum (a balance issue), or does it matter?  Are replacement drums available anywhere?    Thanks
LARRY