[FWDLK] 59 Imperial Convertible

I have the opportunity to buy a '59 Imperial hardtop that has had the top cut to make into a convertible.  Since this is pre-Unibody, how would this effect the rigidity of the frame and what problems might it cause?  Car is a 413, needing restoration and salvaged convertible parts (hens-teeth?), but man, what styling.  What would be needed to finish the conversion (trunk panels, top frame, Carson-top)?

Has anyone done this and what are your experiences?  Thanks for input.

LARRY