[FWDLK] Odos/Gizmos; Fueling Bushed

David Homstad has photos that I've sent to him, showing the
odometer-correction Gizmo, made by ACI company (616-327-1991) that I
have easily installed, "between" the end of the speedo-cable, & the
trannie-receptacle.

You just gotta observe/calculate/guesstimate the % of your odo error, &
ACI will  calibrate their Gizmo to your specs: all for $55.00 +
shipping. I guesstimated 15% too fast (thanx to 3,55:1 Sure Grip &
225/75 R14's) & now reckon that the odo may be 1%- 2% too slow( I can
live with that!)

Dave's also got " before" (INCORRECT-installation) and
"after"(CORRECT-installation)  photos of the HD front-strut- rod
bushings & large-steel retaining-washers, from my car. 'Turns-out that
my auto mechanic apparently couldn't read, because, several years ago,
he installed the EXACT-SAME  HD bushings [I'd forgotten about their
purchase!!] , but with their retaining-washers backwards (ie:
concave-side lying against the bushings) , even though the washers have
stamped-in instructions saying:  "This side [convex] faces bushing". The
net-effect of the 'good-looking' but WRONG installation of the washers
is that they, then, inhibit the action of the bushings, producing the
"catching/glitching" that I felt, when making hardish-turning movements.

Now, the car has a good, solid feel, NOT as if I was gonna lose a wheel,
during a turn, over an uneven road surface!

So, Dave's also got a photo of my car's PERFECTLY-GOOD erstwhile HD
bushings & washers , that are 'merely' dirty, that I am going to sell,
for $20.00,  to the 1st interested party to contact me; they're already
boxed, along w/instruction-sheet.

BTW, "new" HD bushings (from Just Suspension (ask for "Bob") cost $36.00
+ shipping.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm