[FWDLK] Fueling Bushed (parte deux)

I hit the send-button, too early (it's late!)

I also meant to say that I've now test-driven the "dialed-in"
fuel-gauge. After an about 120 mile trip, the gauge was indicating about
7 -8 gallons consumed ("way" less than 1/2-tank used) but the tank
'took' 10.5 gallons, so, the gauge is still not-perfect (who is?) , damn
it.

You may recall that a coupla Fwd-lookers confirmed that the 57
Plymouth's  (anyway) gas-tank-sending-unit  registered 20 ohms
resistance, when"Full" & 210 ohms @ "Empty".

Philippe Courant wrote to say that he recorded , on his 57 Imp, Full: 26
ohms; Empty: 170 ohms, & 1/2-full: 78 ohms, so... there may be
variations in the different cars' gauges.

As I STILL do not know where true-empty may be, on my gauge, I think
I'll try again to have a body-shop suction-out the tank. I tried that
'trick', many years ago, & the car kept-on idling!

But, as the gauge now "snaps" to life, thanx to WD-40 lubrication, I
should get an accurate "Empty" reading, with the tank virtually-dry.

Maybe some logical-math-type-person can help us, here: if my gauge still
reads too-full, @ actual 1/2 tank, & given Philippe's findings, above,
what would be your guess, for the next
'adjustment ' to the ohm-ratings, to try to bring  "actual" 1/2 tank
down to about "1/2" tank-reading, on the gauge?

OK, now I'm done!

Neil Vedder
57 D500

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm