[FWDLK] Rain in Texas

Howdy from flooded south Texas,

My neighbor has an accurate rain gauge and he has now recorded over 28 inches of rain beginning June 30th.  We have seen in our little town one pickup that rolled down a creek that looks like it has been through a crusher.  There is a late model foreign SUV about 15 feet up in a tree in a creek bed near the center of town.  We passed by one house that had lost two of its sides and a mobile home washed down a creek north of town.  We have been marooned on our property numerous hours each day due to an impassable high water crossing and that creek only begins behind another neighbor's house!

The national weather service says we are in "catastrophic" flooding conditions.  The 8500 acre Canyon Lake about 60 miles from us has never been full in its 30 year history since they built the dam and the spillway is now pouring out over 40,000 cubic feet per second into swollen valleys below it.  Our governor declared disaster areas yesterday and President Bush declared 29 counties federal disaster areas today.  And it is still raining cats and dogs.  Evacuations are all around us.

Thankfully, I live on a hill some 350' of elevation above the city of Kerrville, and my cars are high and dry in the barn.   I've experienced 3 days of straight rain in California 40 years ago where we totaled 13 inches in three days.   No comparison to this.

The animals in this area are lining up two by two hoping to be the pairs chosen...

I know this wasn't car related but water-logged cabin fever is setting in and y'all are my friends!

Wayne