[FWDLK] '60-64 Windshield Reproduction - Tint COLOR?

[FWDLK] '60-64 Windshield Reproduction - Tint COLOR?

Vic Phillips, who is working on the reproduction of the '60-64
convertible and '60 hardtop windshield repop would like to know what
color to make the tinting and the upper shaded area.

Now, all I can recall is that back "around" this era is when the
entire industry changed from the previously green tinted/shaded
glass to the dark blue tinted/shaded glass.

Those of you who have low mileage cars of any body style from these
years, I would appreciate hearing from you as to the color of your
windshield tint, but only if you are CERTAIN that your windshield
glass is factory original.

What I'm saying is, if your windshield got replaced in 1967 or 1983,
the tint would be blue because the replacement glass was made after
that '60-64 period.   I'm looking for color of tint in those
1960-1964 cars that WITHOUT QUESTION still have their factory
installed glass that came with the car on the assembly line.

Reply directly to me please, NOT to the list, and I'll pass the info
on to Vic.

Thanks,
Wayne

PS, I have about a dozen windshield "order" e-mails so far.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm