[FWDLK] Power Steering Fluid: coaxial-type

[FWDLK] Power Steering Fluid: coaxial-type

Oops, well I got myself into this; if I might quote from the Good Book
(57 Dodge Service Manual
Chapter 12, verses 295 - 296 ) :  "An oil level mark is stamped on the
inside of the resevoir (or on the dipstick of the type using the filler
cap). Replenish as necessary with Type "A" Transmission Fluid. When the
temperatures are consistently below  -10 degrees F., it is permissible
to drain the hydraulic system  and refill with SAE 5W-20 (multi-visc)
Engine oil .

It is not necessary to change oil in worm housing due to temperature.
When temperatures are consistrently above -10 degrees F., drain the
5W-20 lubricant, and refill with Type "A" Transmission Fluid .The total
capacity of the hydraulic system is approximately 2 quarts (does not
include worm housing."

The Worm Housing oil level does not require periodic check (unless
leakage occurs).

However, should the steering gear assembly be removed for any reason. it
is recommended it be checked at at that time. The oil should be level
with the filler plug opening when the gear assembly is in an installed
position. Replenish as necessary with Type "A" Transmission Fluid."

ANY QUESTIONS?   Looks like the Factory wants us to use "Guess-What"  in
the P/S system.  I've definitely NOT got "Type-A" in my
P/S system, now, and, "after"  I had my P/S  gear-assembly be overhauled
by Lares Corp.,when I re-filled the P/S system.

Guess I'll drain the  Sta-Bil "pre-1989 MoPar" power steerring fluid, &
install good-ol '  Type-A Trannie fluid !!!!

Feelin flushed,

Neil Vedder
57 Type-A

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm