[FWDLK] I was robbed (long story)

Want to hear a funny story? Ever have to deal with a company that just made
you want to bang your head repeatedly with a 2x4? Well, brother, then just
keep reading!

As some of you know I ran a contest on my site www.scatpack.com to come up
with my new personalized plates for the Cuda, and user BIGDOG was the big
winner. His prize was a 1/18 Scale diecast of my Burnt Orange Cuda. So I
went online to www.diecastmuscle.com and placed my order on June 30th and
had the car sent to him.

Three weeks pass, and I dropped an email to BIGDOG askin if he liked the
car. He didn't get it yet. Hmm. Whats up?

So i emailed www.diecastmuscle.com to ask them about the order. I got an
email stating that they would look into it. A week went by, no response from
them. Ok. So i emailed them again. "Hey, whats up with my order" To which i
got a reply that they were moving their warehouse and they would get back to
me. Ok no problem.

Another week, nothing. So I emailed them again. "Um, We don't have any order
from you" So I sent them a copy of my reciept. And emailed them again. And
emailed them again.

Over one month later I finally got to speak to Dave the owner. He said yes,
they have a copy of my order but they made an error on entering my order and
it NEVER went to billing and that I wasn't charged for the car and the car
was never sent. Ok, fine. But how come I have a charge on my credit card 2
days after i placed my order that says "www.diecastmuscle.com" and their
phone number for the exact amount for the car. His answer? He says my bank
MADE IT UP! He claims that they never billed me for the car so that charge
must be some sort of fluke. That my bank picked their company randomally out
of the blue sky, and made a deduction from my account (which happens to be
exactly the amount of the car) and that the fact that this random withdrawl
happenend 2 days after I ACTUALLY did place an order with their company!

They claim this charge isn't from them. That their name and the charge
appears on my credit card is all is some strange coincidence.

Some strange coincedence?! That my bank randomally charged me an amount, and
that random amount just happens to match the exact cost of the car, and that
this random charge just happens to be 2 days after I placed an order with a
company that my bank just 'randomly" picked to make this fake charge. Ok..
yeah.. gotcha. This wouldn't have anything to do with that problem with your
ordering system now would it?

Get XFiles over here right now! Even though they have admitted that they had
a 'ordering problem' and that they confirm I did place and order on May 30,
they say that I, or my bank, is making this entire thing up! They somehow
lost the money, plain and simple. Ive gotten my bank involved now and when I
told them the story even they were shocked! They couldn't believe the gall
of this company! They still refuse to send me the damn car but they have no
problem with keeping my money.

So heres the skinny:
a) I placed an order on May 30 for a car, and it cost $34.75
b) I received a confirmation for my order stating that it was ordered.
c) www.diecastmuscle.com says they have a order in your system for that car
but they had a problem with the entering in their order system.
d) A charge showed up on my CCard statement 2 days after I ordered it, for
34.75 which just so happens is the total for the car with the name
"www.diecastmuscle.com"

Seems easy enough to understand. Order placed, order paid for, order sent?
No. Apparently not!

Id like to point out that www.diecastmusclecars.com is a GREAT site.
And should not be confused with www.diecastmuscle.com which as you can see,
isn't that great a site ("musclecars.com" vs "muscle.com") . If you want to
buy a diecast car, and actually get it, order it from diecastmusclecars.com
and not www.diecastmuscle.com.

Please pass this along!. Im sure everyone would like to get a chuckle about
it. And id love diecastmuscle.com to know that they can't do this to people.
Hard to believe this is all of over 34.75$. In the end im sure Ill get my
money back from my credit card company and diecastmuscle will get to keep my
34.75, but its just the principle of the whole thing! I can't believe this
place stays in business when they screw customers over like this.

Diecastmuscle.com email address is mtr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you want to send them a note, please do!

Brian
http://www.scatpack.com

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm