[FWDLK] Calendar & Web Site

Hi All,

Considering that I'm only breaking even and paying off the calendars in August, there will -not- be a calendar this coming year unless someone or a group of people is willing to front the $2,600 or so to get them printed.  While they're supposed to be a fund-raiser, they generally don't make much money (if any at all) until a large number of them are sold.  There's no sense in my spending time making them if we're only going to lose money anyway.  I have spent most of this year in cash limbo, living on credit cards while fighting my health insurance company, so there is no way I can spend any money for the calendar.  If you are interested in putting up some or all of the money for the calendars in advance, drop me a line.

Also, the web server is starting to show its age.  The machine is pushing four years old, and was made from a lot of used parts when it was built.  This fall, it will be rebuilt to like-new specifications, and a new discussion board "portal software" package will be added.  If you've seen http://www.scatpack.com  then you have an idea of how the board will look and work.  It's going to be more complicated to use at first, that is true.  However, some increased complexity is necessary to use the features people have asked for like a photo area, registry pages with photos, etc.

Luckily I work with a very talented web programmer who has volunteered to do all of the back-end programming necessary to make this all happen.  His name is Mike Hand, and y'all will probably be hearing more from him in the future as he asks for input on features and content.

-Dave