Re: [FWDLK] Plan-A from Outer Panels

I am sure many cars had exchange drop in engines from a jobber because the owner needed them on the road ASAP because they were the daily or principle transportation and didn't have time to wait for a full rebuild.  That's just life.  I buysem cause I like the way they look.  As many people have said, as long as you know what you'r buying and not paying extra for something false you should just enjoy it.

 Jerry wrote:

Sometimes the "originality" thing can be a real bummer. My C300 doesn't
have the original block. The current block is out of an Imperial. However,
my mechanic found strong evidence that the original owner raced the vehicle
and therefore may have damaged the engine to the point where the block was
no longer repairable. But evidence was also found pointing to the fact that
the car was most likely raced with the current engine. And I'm sure there
have been other situations where the original blocks in many other cars were
damaged for one reason or another and could no longer be used and had to be
replaced. When it comes to mechanics, that's just the way things are
sometimes but the owners suffer when judging is done because some parts were
replaced..... even though it may have been due to factory defects. Might
even have been a very low mileage classic that jus! t wasn't driven enough to
bring out the problems until a later owner made the discovery and now has to
have "original" parts replaced. I dunno..... sometimes this hobby can be
weird.

Jerry B.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm

Do You Yahoo!?