Re: [FWDLK] push buttons

The 1962 Dodge Dart /Polara, Canadian-built 1962 Plymouth and American-built
1963 Dodge had the park lever under horizontal transmission buttons.

However, your best bet might be to try and find a 1963 or 1964 Dodge
880/Custom 880.   They had the horizontal buttons with the park lever, and
best of all, the dash was derived from the 1960 Dodge dash.  So the buttons
may be the easiest to install.

All other Mopars had vertical buttons with the parking lever.

Also, remember that the parking brake is on the driveshaft of the 1960
Dodge, along with a ball-and-trunion joint and no slip shaft.  The later
models with the park sprag had the parking brakes on the rear wheels while
the transmission had a slip shaft with a "normal" u-joint.

One good thing, though.  If the 413 set-up is from a 1964 Chrysler, the
whole thing, transmission, driveshaft, axle, and brakes should swap over.
The 1964 Chrysler was built on a 122" wheelbase and shared its floor and
front stub with the 1960 Dodge.  They are not identical as small changes
were made from 1960 to 1964, but that is where the 1964 Chrysler came from.

Bill
Vancouver, BC