[FWDLK] carb help needed

For all you carb experts, the patient is a 57 DeSoto with Carter BBD
2-barrel.  Gas is in the bowl, floats properly adjusted, new accelerator
pump leather, fuel pump working, but no gas will squirt into the
barrels.  Dribble a bit of gas from a can into the throat, and the car
starts right up, and will start "normally" every time thereafter, until you
let it sit for a few days.  Then the same thing again.  Sounds to me like a
"sticky" check ball somewhere inside.  Any other ideas?  Try the Gumout route?

Thanks.

Ed Petrus

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm