[FWDLK] Little drum(mer) boy...

This is for a '55 Chrylser Windsor Wagon...

So, sent the rear shoes out to be relined through NAPA. The old material
was coming off of the shoes. The new linings were bonded on and
riveted-whoever did it did a nice job. Now as it stands, I CANNOT get the
drums to go back on. The shoes don't seem to be any different from each
other, everything else fits together fine, but after roughly two hours
(each) of adjusting the shoes using the cams on the back of the brake
plates-I can't get the drum to go on. Not even close. Closest I got was a
point where the edge *almost* fit over the shoes all around, and debated
pounding it on and make numerous short drives to wear it down, but that's
just not right. Any ideas? What am I missing? Are relined shoes made
thicker in the assumption the drums will be worn? This isn't the case as
the car has only 32K on it, and I think those were the original shoes on
the back (fronts were newer). Should I have the drum turned to compensate?
Grind down the material I just paid to put on? I'm out of ideas and have
never had a problem like this before.....

~dave

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm