[FWDLK] 1958 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon interior codes

[FWDLK] 1958 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon interior codes

Well, I shelled out the big bucks to get the build sheet from
Chrysler for my 1958 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country Wagon.

They sent a photocopy of a computer punch card, which as some
code numbers printed in tiny boxes that are labeled on the
pre-printed card. The holes punched in the card don't mean
anything to those of us who are not card-readers.

Chrysler also sends a cover sheet which interprets a FEW of the
basic codes. The trim code on my car is 33, which Chrysler tells
me represents "light blue cloth and light blue metallic vinyl".

I don't have any original samples (unless there are remnants
under the reupholstered seats), so I'd have to rely on SMS or
Original Auto Interiors to supply the right stuff.

But, Chrysler also sent really clear photocopies of the factory
photos of both the Windsor and the New Yorker wagons, and some
interior shots. However, the interior photos of the New Yorker
wagon show a front seat with a "dip" in the top center of the
front seat back, whereas the Windsor interior photos show the
front seat back going "straight across".  The Windsor seat has an
embossed crown emblem in the center of the front seat back, while
the New Yorker has embossed shield and lion emblems in both the
driver's and passenger's seat back. (Can't tell if the lions are
Red Lions, though!!!)

So, here's my problem. I've only seen one other 58 Chrysler
wagon. According to its serial number, it is a New Yorker wagon,
and it has trim 47. But, it has the front seat that goes straight
across and has the embossed crown in the center of the front seat
back.

The seat in my car has been reupholstered and it goes straight
across too. (Dunno what's underneath).

Does anybody have a specifications book which provides detailed
info about the trim numbers, so I can at least determine what
style of upholstery (and shape of front seat back) my car should
have? And is it possible that there was a "standard" NY wagon
interior with the straight-across seat back, and an optional,
notched seat back, in order to explain the trim 47 car that I've
seen?

Thanks in advance.

Dick Woodside

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm