Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Correct Numbers Matching Engine Versus 1958

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Correct Numbers Matching Engine Versus 1958

I was lucky enough when I bought my 56 Plymouth to get the original dealer
invoice showing both the VIN and motor number.  So I can at least know that
it has its original motor in it.

BTW, the selling dealer of my 56 was the Marksheffel Motor Company on
Cascade Avenue in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Found some info on the net
about it; apparently it began as the Marksheffel Garage in 1908 and by 1917
advertised itself as the largest and most modern garage in the world,
covering some 46,000 square feet (in 1917 !!!) plus basement.  It apparently
was selling Chrysler cars at least as early as 1929.  A least part of the
building was selling Cadillacs in 1956, though.  A motto surrounding its
clock read "Time makes Love go, Love makes Time go."  See the links below,
from the Pikes Peak Library District web site.  The building was razed in
1967.  I never heard of this place before, but thought it was all pretty
interesting.  If anyone has more info about it, please let me know off list.
Thanks in advance.

Curtis in Tallahassee, Florida
56 Belvedere club sedan
59 Coronet 2 dr hdtp