[FWDLK] 331 Hemi Gearbox

Hello All,
A friend of mine's turned up a 331 Hemi that may be for sale (a pretty rare motor over here). He says that the engine's complete, but has no gearbox - he also says that it looks like the bellhousing is an integral part of the engine. Is this the case? If so, would a manual box from a Poly 301 bolt up to it? I've got two in the garage so it makes the Hemi viable if we can bolt them together.
Thanks,
Anthony Knight