[FWDLK] Trunk color stuff deja view

I know this is an ancient thread but I finally got my 1956 Dodge Crusader home and opened the trunk.  This car is supposed to be relatively unmolested so I thought I would share the trunk details.  The underside of the trunk is that grey color which matches the grey on the back seat backing board.  The inner part of the wheel wells and trunk bottom are body color on metal.  The outer parts of the wheel wells and the sides of the trunk backing the outside of the car have been sprayed with a tar like material that has a rough finish, this has then been painted over body color.  Looks like the same treatment I found on my 66 Impala.  Both are Canadian built cars.

Do you Yahoo!?