Re: [FWDLK] Windshields

My source for the windhield interchange was from an interchange manual.
Checking the 1959 Chrysler parts book, though, shows the Plymouth hardtops
did use the "dome" W-453.    So, it appears that W-451 (non-domed) and W-453
(domed) windshields will interchange.   The difference between the two is
the "dome" or "bubble", while the physical perimeter size is the same.

Given that, the FACTORY applications for the windshields are :

W-451  (non-domed or -bubbled) :
   1957 Plymouth hardtops
   1957 Dodge hardtop
   1957 DeSoto hardtops
   1957 Chrysler hardtops

   1958 Plymouth hardtops

W-453  (domed or bubbled) :
   1957 Plymouth convertibles
   1957 Dodge convertibles
   1957 DeSoto convertibles
   1957 Chrysler convertibles

   1958 Plymouth convertibles
   1958 Dodge hardtops & convertibles
   1958 DeSoto hardtops & convertibles
   1958 Chrysler hardtops & convertibles

   1959 Plymouth hardtops & convertibles
   1959 Dodge hardtops & convertibles
   1959 DeSoto hardtops & convertibles
   1959 Chrysler hardtops & convertibles

But, as stated, the two will interchange.  So, if you have a 1959 Plymouth
Fury hardtop, for example, with a non-bubble/dome windshield (W-451),
someone may have replaced the original bubble/dome glass (W-453).   Between
1959 and now, who knows what happened.

Just remember - the sedan/wagon windshield will NOT fit a hardtop or
convertible of any year.  But a "bubble" windshield will fit a "non-bubble",
and vice-versa.

And, yes, a "domed" W-453 will fit a 1958 Dodge Custom Royal Regal Lancer
2-door hardtop.  And it will be the 'correct' windshield for that model.

Bill
Vancouver, BC