Re: [FWDLK] Viruses & our coordinator

Good advice, also make sure you do your windows updates.  Some of the viruses use weakness in the basic software to get in.  The most recent bear virus was actually identified and a patch available in March of 2002.  You almost need to do that monthly. I must say that this is one of the few lists I have been on that has not generated any spam, etc to my email address.  Goes to the quality of the webmaster and the character of the users!

 clearcreek wrote:

I'm not sure about the need for action on the part of the receiver in order to activate the virus, but Dave Strgand is an expert in this area, and he, along with others who know, have often said that the best assurance against viruses is a good, operational, and up-to-date Anti-Virus program.  While nothing may be foolproof, the programs are better than trying to recognize general characteristics by yourself.

My 2¢ worth
Mike Higgins
1955 Belvedere Sport Coupe

Do you Yahoo!?