Re: [FWDLK] Oil Bath Air Cleaners

Title: L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 9 Nov 2002 to 10 Nov 2002 (#2002-312)
It was my understanding that oil bath air filters were better at getting the 'crud' out of the air to the point that an oil filter was not as necessary as there was less dirt in the blowby gas. As I recall, most industrial engines that had oil bath air cleaners did not have oil filters. Even the ever efficient Geraman enginers did not use an oil filter on the air cooled VW engines. They had an oil bath air cleaner. It seems that oil filters became the norm after so called 'less efficient' paper filters started appearing on cars.

Larrys $.02 worth