From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave Casey
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 2:40 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Fuel Injection-

This sounds like the pump design shown in SAE magazine (which now was
apparantly not Chrysler). SAE was going ape over all the injection systems
that were out in the late 50s because people like Chevrolet and Chrysler
were trying to use them. They had an article about fuel injection in
general, but no details on the Bosch/Bendix system except things like line
pressure and "it uses electric solenoids to oeprate the injectors" or
something to that effect.
    The pump shown in the magazine was adapted to the distributor
(perpendicular to the distributor shaft), ran at 1/2 engine RPM, and had 8
outputs around the body of it. Perhaps this was part of the control also so
that the unit would make pressure and send it to the cylinder on timed
intervals.
    I guess I'll have to track down that Bendix document. If anyone ever saw
it or heard about it and knows more precisely when it might've been
published. . .
    OR if anyone knows a patent number (anybody got a piece of one)?

Dave Casey