[FWDLK] Windshield wiper question

Hi all.

The variable speed wipers on my 59 Coronet won't park or even stop when I turn the switch off.  I have to turn the switch slightly to the right to stop them.  They don't park then, but if I time it right, I can get them to stop at the bottom.  Right off hand, does this sound like the wiper motor or the switch?

Also, I have a brand new 57-8 Dodge variable speed wiper motor.  I know the numbers are different, but is there any reason this wouldn't fit and work in a 59?

Thanks,
Curtis French
56 Belvedere club sedan
59 Coronet 2 door hardtop