[FWDLK] V-8 conversion

Danny, The easiest way to go V-8, besides selling your car and buying a factory V-8 car, is to find a doner car with the V-8 of your choice.For example, if you had a ' 58 DeSoto firesweep, like mine, that had a known good engine and transmission, (no, you can't have mine) and then swap all the V-8 running gear to your car ( a lot of work, I've done a few over the years).That is probably the easiest. You can also put a newer 383 or 440 in your car, along with a newer aluminum torqueflite transmission. The motor mounts off of the earlier ' 58-'59 350 or 361(wedge) V-8 will bolt to those blocks. Of course, you'd lose your pushbutton tranny in the process. (If your's has an automatic at present). Check out the archived discussion on the Forwardlook homepage- There is information regarding these kinds of swaps there.