Re: [FWDLK] Trim Removal Save the prong!

The clips I believe are available at many auto stores. Take every precaution to save the prongs. Don't worry about trashing the clips. What I've done is punch out each prong gradually (effectively slid the clip along the prong) so as to allow the item to come off evenly . . . and with the prongs intact.
-----Original Message-----
From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Roger Howard
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 5:52 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Trim Removal Help Needed

Hello,
Well, I would venture to say that the number of  persons interested in solving your problem is greater than the number of  actual 57 Chrysler owners on this List. Perhaps if you could give some more details? On my 59 Plymouth (and some other Mopars I've parted out) there are what I call "one-way" clips...they push on over the prongs of the potmetal item. I've seen round ones, and rectangular ones.
If you are able to pull, and twist in one direction simultaneously, you may be able to create a threaded prong and actually unscrew it.
More often however, you will be forced to stick a screwdriver or wirenose pliers under one of the "fingers" and bend it up and away, effectively ruining the clip but saving the prong.
Roger