Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 2 Jan 2003 to 3 Jan 2003

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 2 Jan 2003 to 3 Jan 2003 (#2003-4)

To all FWDLKer's

I appreciated Bob Oswald and other's response to Josh
thinking of selling his '55.  Josh, you can, of
course, do whatever you feel you need to...but I
wanted to say a few things as I think this subject is
one we all live with.

Like most of us, I too regret letting go of so many of
my old rides.  Any of them would be something I'd be
so happy and proud to have still. Bear with me.... My
first high school car was a stock '38 Chevy coupe in
factory black and somewhat crinkled fenders from
normal use...hmmmmm.  Would I like it back?  Then a
light green 4-dr '55 Chevy with a hot 265 I pulled out
of some guys drag car with 3spd and Hurst Mystery
shifter.  Would I like it back?  Then just before
leaving for the Navy I bought a '47 Ford Coupe with
stock flatmotor and drove it for a few weeks til the
distributor got wet in a rain storm and it crapped
out.  After which I stored it for over 20 years so it
had no rust, no dents, and I sold it to build my 340!
Would I like that car back?  Hell, I even miss a
couple of old '67 4dr 383 cars.  And the one I most
miss for some reason is the 383 police optioned '67
Fury I 2dr in police white with the holes where the
cherry once sat on top.

All I have to say is consider carefully.  If a car is
too much to think about or to maintain for now...find
someone or some place where you can just store it for
a while and get it off your mind.  Pretend you don't
have it.  Later you will be very happy to realize you
still have the thing and will enjoy getting it back in
shape.

My two cents worth.  Any car owned is a car that
avoids accidentally heading to abuse or to the
crusher.

Del  440/727/Volare'd '56 Savoy 2dr
        '50 Fxrd PU chopped/tilted/slammed/Volare'd w/340