Re: [FWDLK] Safe Driving and cruise

> is not the "set speed" of the cruise control
> set to the pace of the NON-drive axle?

I strongly doubt it, because even engineers can figure that the car will end
up at least once in its life in a situation where there's a speed difference
between the two axles (icy roads, hydroplaning, and all general slippery
conditions). It then only makes sense to measure the speed of the axle
you're controlling thru the engine.

Furthermore, a lot of modern cars usually have sensors that measure the
speed of all four wheels, and if there's something wrong, the computer will
then correct by applying some brakes or reducing the throttle (a gizmo
called ESP here in Europe).

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe