[FWDLK] Shock warnings

I don't know if this happened to any one else but I thought I would post a warning.  I had my Diplomat front end sitting for a while. I had removed the top shock nuts a few months ago and was going to remove the shocks to put in a threaded rod to set the ride height for mock up.  There was no load, just sitting on the floor, with the only tension being that generated by the gas filled shock itself.   When I fished the bottom of the shock out of the mount the top rod shot out with a good deal of force the bottom scooted off spewing frothy oil all over the place.  Both shocks did this. New experience for me and I have taken off a lot of shocks. No brand name on the shock.  Dark blue color Made in the USA.

Do you Yahoo!?