[FWDLK] Looking 4-trouble, in all D wrong places!

[FWDLK] Looking 4-trouble, in all D wrong places!

Funny, it took a guy from "down-under" (thanx, Alan Archer!) to tell me
about a guy (Jim Tucker; 760-749-3488) in San Diego who HAS/repairs the
passenger-side-under-dash, on-firewall  heater-core thermostat-thingees,
that can & DO leak; check-out your car. If you've got an incipient leak,
there, it'll be apparent; it could already be dripping onto your
carpeting (buahahahahaha!) & you don't know about it.

btw, Jim is going to charge me $97.00(!) for a rebuilt unit , with me
sending to him my thermostat, for his overhaul. Supply & demand.

Advise #2, is to check your rubber oil-pressure-line, that 'leads' to
your oil pressure gauge. That line passes-by, & might contact, the
throttle-rod bracketry, which is connected to the firewall.

Years ago, I came home from a cruise, & thought that Horace had suffered
an engine fire
(smoke, billowing out from under the hood). I discovered that the
aforementioned line had suffered a small rub-hole, where it had
contacted the throttle-bracket, & oil was dripping onto the exhaust
manifold.

I couldn't find a replacement line, but, duh, I was able to have an
hydraulics shop make-up a brass "conection" for the two (now, cut-off)
ends of that line, Also, that "connection" conveniently  contacts the
throttle-bracket, & protects it from more "wear" , against the bracket.

So, these 2 projects are 'easy' ones, for your slumbering (or, NOT;
don't suppose y'all want to hear about non-northern CA's weather; that
winter sunburn's a BITCH!!)   cars!!

Neil & Horace