From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rog & Jan van Hoy
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 9:52 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] '55 Dodge fabrics?

The usual sources for NOS or reproduction cloth are SMS and
Original Interiors.

A problem is that back when these cars were new the cloth
never lasted more than about six years.  Of all the Chrysler
products owned by my family, friends and neighbors the only
cloth that lasted was in a '57 Dodge Coronet.

Maybe there's a way of installing the material that will
increase the longevity.  For example some sort of backing
that will take some of the pull, because it seemed like the
fabric ripped when stretched.

--Roger van Hoy, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '66
Plymouth, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA