[FWDLK] 6-Way power wndows & Door-locks, too!!

[FWDLK] 6-Way power wndows & Door-locks, too!!

[You know what you get, when you cross an elephant, with a
prostitute...well..]

I'm not gonna toot my own (car's) horn, but I have been a 1-man-brand,
since 1980, and  I have been around the block, a coupla times.

Before I list the stuff you-all, & I've found, on this car, which are
not "correct" on a "Best-of-Show restoration", please  understand that
I'm not nit-picking a $35 -$40K  asking- price car, but an ostensibly
beginning-point $100K car ( & that's  @ $USD ).

Ok, in no particular order:

1. Interior: absolutely-wrong upholstery cloth (may be 58 CRL cloth; I
think it's actually aftermarket stuff , that resembles 57  Royal "Linear
Lucidty" material, which I have seen installed, on a Royal. Also, the
"gold(?)-colored seat-beading has an absolutely-wrong
installation-pattern, & the vinyl, itself, may not be the correct
"texture", or color. Red color is correct, for code 231, & door panels
are also correct,  with  plain-black center-sections.

2. Carpeting: it looks to be loop-pile, not cut-plush.

3. Carpet foot-pad & pedals: whats-up with them? They ain't  for any
1957 Dodge.

4. Paint: almost certainly a clear-coat (a VERY rare option, in 1957).
Black color IS correcet, for "1AAA" paint

5. Top: Hartz-cloth , not cheapo-vinyl  (actually, "ivory' top bows are
'fine').

6. Tailpipes/exhaust-hangers:  the pipes appear to be oversize (hmmm,
that's what I'm looking to do, with Horrie's newly-bought, but
not-yet-installed Sanderson "Block-Hugger" exhaust-headers!) Theyalso
bend DOWNWARD, so that, to try to fit exhaust deflectors to them would
require a careful 'trimming' of the H.D. pipe-steel . The hangers are
also not "stock".

7. Weatherstrips: I'd bet "pink-slips" that the car does NOT have the
correct, but very-expensive "flocked" weatherstrips, on the windows &
convertible-top (available  "only" from Finland--Timo Tanskanen, where
are you?)

8. 15" Wire wheels: OK, these are somewhat "discretionary", but why not
find/restore/install spinner hubcaps? Also, Dave Homstad advises that
Dodges/Plymouths had the 'wires' installed very-close to the edge of the
rim, while Chry's had them located considerably-more-inboard, on their
rims--check-out which style this car has. Also, wouldn't the 15" wheels
kinda throw-off the speedo/odo  (not that anybody dropping 100- large,
would ever DRIVE this car, & depreciate their "investment"!)

9. Battery & cables: nuff said.

10. Aircleaner: NO DECAL?  c'mon.

11. Carburetor: I "missed" its gold(?) anodization .

12. Oil cap breather-system: (?!) It might be a "California
closed-crankcase system", which was instituted in late 60's (Sherwood?)
& later rescinded.

13. Generator: incorrect finish; the end-plates should be
'natural-finish' (hey, we're talkin $100k, here)

14. D500 emblem: obvious, not-very-well rechromed, but the knight's head
should be GOLD-plated (bonus points , fot this one!)

15. Amber park lamp bulbs: Some jurisdictions might require them,
though.

16. [And last, but not least] Trunk mat: Aftermarket printed-vinyl
stuff--GOOD O.E.M. Rubber mats ARE found, on East-coast wrecking-yard
cars (see Greg Leggatt).

Other than for  the above minor-discrepancies, its mechanical-condition
is, also, completely-unknown!

But, whaddaya expect, for $100,000.00 (+) !

Neil Vedder
57 D500 (Horace)