Re: [FWDLK] Holy Rustoleum! (it never sleeps!)

Re: [FWDLK] Holy Rustoleum! (it never sleeps!)

Hi, John; I assure you , Boner-rising wasan innocenttypo!  [sure, Neil!]
I might make-available (via my film-processer) a coupla images of the
new-fangled "Gate-Line" body-"aligmnment" fixture, that was SUPPOSED to
be able to ensure a 'perfect' alignment of the body panels.

In retrospect, I wonder, to what extent, the lousy body fit was due to :

1. Poor stamping-quality/tolerances
2. hurried/rushed construction, with 1st-year
    assembly-mistakes
3. General, operator-indifference/ineptitude
4. Poor supervision, of Quality-control
5. Corporate "Quality" indifference (read: "Planned Obsolescence", in
operation).
6. Corporate interest (blindness) in only "getting them out the door"
7. All of the above.

It was generally 'conceded' by the Corp that it was the 'responsibility'
of the dealership to "complete"  the assembly-operation, by 'finishing'
the assembly of the car-the factory was 'only' trying to get the
individual parts "onto" the car, so that the dealership could receive,
and: "Sell-the-Units" (as they are STILL called)  as soon as possible.

Neil