Re: [FWDLK] Left hand lug nuts

In a message dated 4/1/03 1:59:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, dhomstad@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

.      There is a force called the âCoriolis forceâ that applies to rotating
bodies. When a body is rotating the coriolis force points along the axis of
rotation. On opposite sides of the car, it points in opposite directions.
This was actually explained mathematically in my college physics class,
using Chrysler lug nuts as a practical application. My professor probably
had trouble changing the tire on his Chrysler at one time. This is a very
small force, but for large bodies such as the Earth and the Earthâs
atmosphere, this effect is large. This is why hurricanes always rotate the
same direction.

Dave .. You should go on to explain that the Coriolis acceleration vector was first included in the Norton Bomb sight(I think) and that is why our accuracy was so good and not understood by the Germans.
Marv Raguse.....I stayed awake in Physics also!