[FWDLK] rough brakes on '57

Hi,
Yesterday the weather was fine so i drove my '57 as usual.
And as usual i noted a very rough braking especially at low speed when i
must stop at crossroads, red lights etc..
I must depress very carefully the pedal to stop the car ! If not i throw
the front passengers in the windshield !! Sure that Imperial brakes well
(far superior to my '58 Buick..) but rather too hard. Seems that ther's
no progressivity. The braking is on a fraction of  the pedal travel.

At normal speed the braking is less rough but i 've always in mind this
problem in case of emergency braking.

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad