[FWDLK] '57 drum

Hi,
At this time i've not worked on the "rough brakes" of my '57 Imperial. I've just went to the place where is my parts donor car (Imperial 57 4dr) and remove the front drums. Ther's something strange on one of them: ther's 3 "brackets" around the anti-sound spring; These brackets seem to be original and i don't know how they are affixed. Wedged between drum and hub ? Does someone have seen these brackets on other drum ? I think also that they must fold around the spring and not as seen on pics.
http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/images2/drum1.jpg
http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/images2/drum2.jpg

I'll tell you what i'll find about the "rough brakes" , and , as someone said, i suspect the backing plates. I've at least 2 friends who had problem with them : each time they brake the car one of the wheel locked and the only mean to unlock it was to go reverse... After extensive researchs and R & R , they put another backing plate and voila ..
--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad