[FWDLK] distributor advice needed soon

Need your help on a '58 DeSoto distributor.  I've been told
that the distributor needs rebuilding, that it's a
Prestolite, and that the Pertronix electronic ignition won't
fit.  The suggestion was to put in a newer Chrysler
distributor and a Pertronix unit.

The spec's on the '58 DeSoto distributor are:  Model 1B4005,
Breaker point opening, .017", capacitor capacity .25-.28mfd,
breaker arm spring tension 17-20 oz, Centrifugal advance
starts 1 deg @ 425 rpm, full advance 10 deg @ 2,000 rpm,
Vacuum advance inches of vacuum to start plunger movement 8,
in. vacuum for full plunger travel 17 1/2, Maximum vacuum
advance 13 degrees,

I need to know ASAP:

[1]  Is there a Pertronix for the original Prestolite
distributor?
[2]  If so, what number and interchange?
[3]  If not, what Chrysler distributor(s) would be the best
replacement?  [Number and interchange models.]

--Roger van Hoy, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '66
Plymouth, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA