Re: [FWDLK] Black paint on inner trunk on eBay '58 Dodge

I have a 1958 red/white Plymouth Belvedere and the inside lid of my trunk is black as well. Someone on this list years ago had started a discussion about this as it seemed everyones trunk lid was black on the inside. Several knowledgeable persons determined that most, if not all, trunk lids were indeed factory black on the inside. After all, not everyone on this list has had their trunk replaced.!.

--- On Fri 05/02, Chris Whalen < Rapilje02@xxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Chris Whalen [mailto: Rapilje02@xxxxxxx]
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 07:23:16 EDT
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Black paint on inner trunk on eBay '58 Dodge

In a message dated 5/2/03 12:10:52 AM, LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 00:17:32 -0700
From: James
Subject: Re: 58 Dodges on Ebay

Isn't the black paint on the inner trunk a bit odd?

JZ

I have a red-and-white '58 Dodge Royal sedan with black pain on the inner trunk, as the eBay Dodge does. I've always wondered about it, haven't found anyone to tell me anything. I was assured by the seller that, though the exterior of the car had been repainted, all paint colors are the original ones. The black under the lid had never been touched. I thought that perhaps the lid had been replaced, but the car doesn't look to ever have been in an accident -- an d it's a D500 car, and the lid has the D500 emblem, pot metal very corroded, on it.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com