[FWDLK] 56 shock question

My 56 Plymouth had gabreil 5009 shocks on the rear. Does anyone know if that was the correct application, and if not what they would have been for. I am a little concerned as my ride height length is 19 inches and the shocks travel from 12.75 to 20.75 inches, so I think they are a little short.  If anyone knows the stock length that would be appreciated.
Factory part # is 1515163 or 1515446 if a Taxi application.
Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?