[FWDLK] Steering wheel knob

Group,

I was thinking of adding a little nostalgic flair to my 56 Dodge with a
steering wheel knob.    My question to the group is, why are these
helpful and what is the proper placement on the steering wheel?     Do
they end up getting in the way?

Get 'em out and drive 'em!
Greg in rainy WI.
1956 Dodge Royal Lancer