Re: [FWDLK] Batteries (only)

I fought the battery in my car for years.   If you don't drive it all the time,
it goes down.  Unhooking it will help a lot.    I hope you don't have a theft
system.  One of my cars disabled the stereo when the power was unhooked.
Hook battery back up, no stereo.  have to know the secret owner's code for it.
Learn it before the battery is unhooked.  Best option is to buy a battery Tender
for about $45 and leave it hooked up.  The battery won't discharge and it
won't boil it dry... just keeps it charged.   On some cars with a constantly-on
cigar lighter, you can just plug it in there.  Other, you can mount the small
unit to the car with wires to the battery terminals, plug the cord into a wall
outlet, and just unplug it when driving away.

I just today hooked up an Optima for my Viper and I plan to get a battery
Tender for next fall when I stop driving the car for a couple of months. The
anti-theft system in a Viper will drain a great battery in less than 60 days,
more like three weeks in my car.  Much worse than a clock and computer.

Last year it was nasty weather even if it is southern Ohio.

Tom